AutoCAD is an application which is considered as a must have tool for the engineers and architects. IN this tutorial you will learn how you can add text into your drawing. Text can be added into the drawing by using Dtext and Ddedit command. You can also learn about Modifying the Charts in MS Word 2016.
Adding text in your drawing using Dtext command:
Dtext command will let you place individual text in a drawing and also will let you see all the letters which are being typed. You can add multiple lines of text without exiting the dtext command. You can put the space between your words or letters by pressing the Space Bar. For using the Dtext command you need to follow these steps.
- First of all you need to type in: DTEXT and then press ENTER from your keyboard.
- Now define the starting point of the text and for that you are required to click on the point where you need your text to be started.
- Now specify the height and for that you need to type in the height which you want your text to be and after that press Enter from your keyboard.
- Now specify the rotational angle of the text. If you want your text to be in the horizontal direction than type in: 0 and press Enter.
- Now you need to type the text which is required and then press Enter from your keyboard. If you want more lines of text to be included just press Enter again and again.
- When you are done adding the text press Enter twice from your keyboard.
Adding text by using DDedit command:
DDedit can also be used for for entering text into your CAD drawings and for that you are required to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you need to type in: DDedit and after that press Enter.
- Now select the annotation object with mouse and select line of text which you need to edit.
- Now EDITTEXT box will be opened displaying the text which you have selected in step 2.
- Now edit the text in the text box by using keyboard. When you are done simply click OK for saving the changes.