If your worksheet has got loads of content it will be very difficult for finding the information instantly. In such scenarios you can use filter for narrowing down the data in your worksheet letting you to view only the information which you require. You can also learn about Adding Text into Your AutoCAD Drawing. For filtering the data you need follow these simple steps.
- For filtering your work correctly your worksheet should include a header row which can be used for identifying the name of each column.
- Select the Data tab and them click the Filter command.
- A drop-down arrow will appear in the header cell for every column.
- Now click the drop-down arrow for the column which you need to filter.
- Now Filter menu will appear.
- Now deselect all the data by unchecking the box next to Select All.
- Check the boxes next to the data which you need to filter and then click OK.
- Now the data will be filtered by hiding the content temporarily which does not match your criteria.
Applying Multiple Filters:
- Multiple filters can be applied for letting you narrowing down your results.
- Click on the drop-down arrow for the column which you need to filter.
- The Filter Menu will appear.
- Check or uncheck the boxes depending on the data which you want to filter and then click OK.
- You will notice that the new filter has been applied.
Clearing a Filter:
For clearing a filter you need to follow thes simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on drop-down arrow for the filter you want to clear.
- The filter menu will appear.
- Select Clear Filter From [Column Name] from the Filter menu.
- The filter will be cleared from the column and the previously hidden data will be displayed.