Many software created in the past for the older versions of Windows runs smoothly in Windows 10 but there are some older applications which will not work smoothly or will not work at all with this new operating system. These issues can be fixed for the older applications in Windows 10 by modifying the compatibility mode settings. There is a built-in tool which is known as Compatibility Troubleshooter which can automatically fix any compatibility problems for you. Now if the troubleshooter can not fix the problem automatically you can opt for fixing them manually. You can also learn about How to Uninstall a Program in Windows 10.
How to Use Windows Program Compatibilty Troubleshooter:
In order to use Windows Program Compatibilty Troubleshooter you need to follow thees simple steps.
- 1st of all go the the taskbar search box and enter run programs and then click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
- Now click on Next and the troubleshooter will detect potential issues with your apps.
- Now is the time to selec the app which is experiencing the issues in the next window and then click Next.
- Now select the troubleshooting option and use the recommended compatibility setting and select compatibility settings yourself.
- Now if you select to use the recommended settings, the troubleshooter will test the application by using a previous version of Windows so you can see if the matter is resolved or not.
- Now if you select the choose to troubleshoot the app, the troubleshooter will ask you which problems are you experiencing. Now depending on the selection the troubleshooter will offer suggestions and tests for resolving the problem.
- Click on the Test the program button and then click Next.