In MS Word you can easily add charts into your text documents and the process of adding the data is very simple.You can also learn about Different Types of Charts in MS Word 2016. In order to insert a chart in Word 2016 you can follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to place the insertion point where you are required your charts to appear.
- Now you need to go to the Insert tab and then click on the Charts command located in the Illustration group.
- Now a dialog box will appear and in order to view your options, select the chart type from the left panel and then browse the charts on the right side.
- Now select the desired chart and after that click on OK.
- Now a chart as well as a spreadsheet window will appear. The text in the spreadsheet is a placeholder which will be needed to replace with your own source data. Charts will be based on the source data.
- Now you need to enter the source data into the spreadsheet.
- Data that has been enclosed in the blue box will appear in the chart. It is necessary to click and drag the lower right corner of the blue box for manually increasing and decreasing the data range.
- Once you are done you need to click on X in order to close the spreadsheet window.
With these simple steps the chart will be completed. In order to edit the chart once again you just need to select it and then click the Edit data command from the Design tab. You will notice that the spreadsheet window will appear again which will let you edit the data.