There are several different ways of customizing as well as organizing the charts in MS Word 2016 like you can easily and quickly change the type of chart, rearrange the data and also change the appearance of charts. You can also learn about Inserting Charts in MS Word 2016.
Switching Row and Column Data:
Sometimes you are required to modify the way your chart data is grouped and for that you switch the data presented in charts to rows and vice versa. For switching the row and column data you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all select the chart which you need to modify. The Design tab will appear on the right side of the Ribbon.
- Now in the Design tab you need to click the Edit data command in the Data group.
- Now click on the chart again in order to reselect it and then click the Switch Row/Column command.
- The rows and columns will be switched.
Changing the Type of Charts:
Now if you find out that the type of charts showing your data is not suitable you can easily change it to different type. For changing the type of chart you need to follow these simple steps.
- Select the chart which you need to change. You will notice thata Design tab will appear.
- Click on the Change Chart type command from the Design tab.
- A new dialog box will appear where you need to select the desired chart and then click OK.
- The new chart type will be applied.
Changing the Layout of Chart:
For changing the layout of the chart you need to follow these simple steps.
- Select the chart which you want to modify and a Design tab will appear.
- From the Design tab you need to click Quick Layout command.
- Select the desired layout from the drop down menu.
- The layout of the chart will be modified.